Sunday, March 28, 2010

An Open Letter To Educators...

I too feel that education as a whole needs to be reconstructed, we are still using learning style from before I was born. Times have change and the students are learning in new ways, and as teachers we need to understand that and try to teach the way the students learn. Everything is changing; the way they work and do business. Our world is suffering, do to the amount of uneducated people in the world, for example IBM who just moved a plant out of the US because of the uneducated work force. We as teacher and future teachers need to educate so the student will learn the proper tool so they can be successful people in the work force. The blog and video have shown me the value of a good education, and how our children need to be taught the way they can learn, but the children need to have the will to learn. If the children have the will to learn and the teacher incorporate a new learning style the workforce will begin to improve.

Comments4Kids

The website did not open for me, so as soon as it works I will post.

4 comments:

  1. So how do we shape "the will to learn"? What do we do as educators?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm still trying to figure it out. I'll let you know when I do!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with you! The world is changing!! I think one way we could change the way teachers teach is to allow the students teach the teachers and see what kind of feedbacks they may get from each other. Who knows what you may learn through this technique?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great point Tiffany. Yes the world is changing and the presentation of education is slowly progressing. The way education is delivered will really change when this new wave of upcoming teachers begin to surface in the school districts.

    ReplyDelete