Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Archive.org

Archive. org is a website that allows you to upload big files(Podcast, Videos and anything over 10 minutes) to the website. It's like youtube, but archive allows you to upload larger files. All you do, is create a profile just like any other website that allows you to share files, after you have created a profile, then upload you file. After its uploaded, your file now has a url, this allows you to a hyper link or the link itself in you blog or website so other can listen or view the podcast or video. If you plan to upload it to iTunes you must have a url. Its really simple to upload to iTunes, just go to the iTunes store, click on the Podcast tab, then on the right side of the podcast page click Submit Podcast (may take 24 hours to view on iTunes). If you have any questions please feel free to contact me( to do this look on the right hand side of my blog under Contact Me). I hope this information is helpful.

3 comments:

  1. Hi David,

    I am one of Dr. Strange's former students and I was just browsing through the class blogs this semester to see how the class has changed, and to see if I could lend any support.

    This particular post is really helpful, thanks. I appreciate your brevity and clear explanation. Next time you might consider adding a link to the site to make it more user friendly.

    If you have any questions, you can visit my blog or email me.

    Have a good week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There is a link to the website, click on the first word (Archive.org) on my post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks. This will be a very useful site for many students!

    ReplyDelete