Sunday, February 28, 2010

Week 7 Post

How We Dream
I really enjoyed these two videos. It is so convenient for us as students to do research without stepping a foot in the library. I do not have time to go spend hours in the library for one research paper or project, so having these resources on the internet makes project easier. I agree with what he said throughout the video about the changing world, and the necessity of having people on board.
In part two of his video podcast he talked about the ways that he has begun to see the media of the world change from paper documents to wed documents. He was extremely correct when he said that the humanities, the science, and the technology people have to work together in order to make the world not only more technologically advanced but "green" in the process.
I think that I am prepared to handle the technology in my classroom. Although I feel like I know all of the technology that is currently in the classroom, I think that I will constantly have to be updating my knowledge of technology. Technology is going to continue to change forever, and in order to continue to be up-to-date with it in the classroom, teachers will have to continue to learn new things about technology.

The Networked Student
This was a very interesting video concerning student networking. It is amazing how many ways there are to learn and make connections other than in the classroom with a teacher lecturing all day. I think that I would find a class more interesting if there was a broader selection of ways I could learn. I think that although there are so many more ways to learn now, I think that a teacher is definitely necessary in the classroom. There needs to be a person in charge of the classroom supervising the students in their learning.
I think that Ms. Drexler will be successful in her class if she decides to try it in the fall. I am ready to be in a classroom and to be teaching students. I am also ready to be in a classroom that is technology friendly, and that my students can learn in. I think that it is a cool idea to have networked students, however it would take some training as a teacher, and some practice in order to learn how to teacher students in this way.
Now that the world is becoming so intertwined with technology, it is so necessary to embrace that technology, and to use it to the fullest. I know that my students will have a technologically inclined classroom and that I will do my best to teach them in a successful way. With the use of so much technology and so many sources I may eventually be able to offer a networked students class as well. I think that students would take well to the idea, as long as I know how to teach them.

Video by Michael Wesch
I listened and watched this video and I had no idea what it was talking about. I tried to pay attention, and I thought I did but at the end of the video I had no idea what I had just watched.

3 comments:

  1. I definitely agree that communicating the way that Richard Miller talked about in his video would be very convenient for students. I'm taking 15 hours, work 20 a week, and I commute an hour to school everyday. It's much easier to use my laptop or smart phone to stay up to date than anything else. However, in some cases I still prefer to use an actual textbook and have something tangible when studying and such. Great job on your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Technology WILL always change!

    I am trying to get Wendy Drexler to Skype us later this semester.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I received you link and I am apart of class E. I understand why technology is a fear for most but I can assure it will become a pleasure once one has mastered the many concepts. Enjoyed your blog.

    ReplyDelete