Sunday, February 7, 2010

Week 4 Post

Response to: The Benefit of Podcasting in the Classroom
This video podcast focuses on the group of children called the millennials, which is the children born after 1980, who have had consistent technology in their lives. Video podcasting can help with differentiation in the classroom or with singled-out help. It can often be extremely helpful in the classroom when students are absent and need the information presented in class the day that they missed. Podcasting can also help with generating debate for students to think about and respond to.
Many teachers use podcasts in the classroom in order to enhance the lesson and make it more interesting for the students. It helps students o expand their imagination, and they are able to see themselves accomplishing things, and learning by watching their own podcasts. It helps the students to use their higher learning skills and to engage their minds to the fullest. It also helps keeps the parents involved, by having video podcasting available for viewing.

3 comments:

  1. So what is your take on podcasts? Think you will use them?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Two more excellent ideas... I never even thought about how beneficial podcasting could be to the absent student! It only makes sense... I love it! Also, being able to debate and exchange ideas is a GREAT way to develop higher learning skills for our students. Instant feedback is available, which I believe helps students tremendously.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My take on podcast. As of now, I do plan on using podcast in my classroom, because I have talk to a few teacher and they all tell me that it takes a lot of time to sit down and record a podcast for each unit, but I could do a podcast each quarter or something, then over time have a podcast for each unit. I do plan on using Blogs in my classroom for homework, testing reviews, so other can keep up with my classes activities, and more.

    ReplyDelete