Monday, January 25, 2010

Week 3 Post ( Podcast)

Response to Smartboard Lessons Podcast
I think podcasts are great ways to learn and record ideas, instead of reading them or writing them down. I like how this guy makes a podcast where ever he is. I took a look at the website he talks about in one of his podcasts ( http://bit.ly/8WWHTl ) and it was cool. The website shows a new way to interact with others using sticky notes. It was really cool to see and play with the website. I am thinking about creating an account myself.

Response to KidCast
I agree with the speaker from the KidCast podcast. He made some very valid points
regarding video podcasting. Podcasting can be used to a much greater extent when there is
video involved. Visual aids can be used, expressions can be seen and the person can get a point
across so much easier because the viewer can hear as well as see what they are trying to view.
Though video podcasting has its down points, such as editing, I think it is very beneficial,
especially in the classroom.

Response to MacBreak Weekly
The podcast on the iPad from Apple, was very informative. The iPad is such amazing, and
the newest technology. It is a combination of the Macbook and the iPhone or the iTouch. It has
the touchscreen like that of the iPhone and the iTouch, but it has the speed and the capabilities
of a Macbook. Though the speakers in the podcast were unsure of whether they liked the name,
iPad or not, but I like the name iPad for the new device.

Response to This Week in Photography
The topic in This Week in Photography was "Is face detection racist?". The speakers were
talking about the new features of digital cameras. Apparently Asians are always blinking, and
darker skin tones are not recognized, according the the new technology on these cameras. I do
not think that the technology is racist. I agree with the speakers that the error was just a lack
in running tests with many different varieties of people. The producers should have run more
thorough testing on the cameras before the cameras were released to the public.

2 comments:

  1. David,

    Thanks for commenting on the website you looked at as well as including the link. I must have missed that info. I was listening more for the style than for the content and I wasn't as patient as you were with his soup order and coffee talk.. :) Anyhow, I think feedback like this on a blog is helpful in pointing fellow classmates in a direction that they may not have learn about.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Actually, MacBreak Weekly is NOT from Apple. It is part of a large number of podcasts and videocasts done by TWIT headed by Leo Laporte. He does maybe 20 or 30 different podcasts/videocasts a week. From radio to an excellent career in the "new broadcasting!"

    I also added an assignment to this week's post in the class blog. I added it there on purpose to convince students they MUST read the class blog every day. Please complete that part of the assignment.

    For your podcast you must Plan, Prepare and Practice!

    ReplyDelete